Sunday, December 29, 2013

Cherishable Christmas!


Ah! I love these Christmas Holidays, The most enjoyable days- Friends,Family,Fun and Frolic.
I was playing tea time with my Daughter. Pouring me an imaginary tea after Mr.Pooh, I was offered an imaginary cookie on an empty plate.
I was about to start a conversation on what gifts did she wanted for Christmas? But even before my thoughts were uttered.
"Do you likey dad, Dora" She asked the Stuffed toy of Dora. Imagining the answer in 3 seconds. She replied "I hate thorny chin too" What she meant was "I hate that unclean stubble"
"Santa does not have such dirty chin" She whispered. 
"Well,Ha has a long beard" I was about to answer but she calmly ordered,
"I want to see Santa dada, NOW!" Well. Completely clueless on how the topic drifted so Fast. I told my wife to replace me and I went to search the Santa costume. No one dares to not obey my daughter as we surely don't want to hear the loud screeches like that of a police siren! Hurriedly, I rushed into the costume and I somehow managed to stick the beard but it wouldn't because of my stubble. But STILL,Somehow, I managed. My wife graciously welcomed me as a Santa and a little bit of chit chatting and handing over of some chocolates. I returned to my normal self. I asked my daughter did she like Santa?
"Yes Daddy. But, Maybe you need to shave and stick the beard tightly again, Papu" She sweetly uttered. I hugged her and it was a hug of a dad who is confused whether to accept his daughter as a grownup lady or the toddler he still cherishes. But the stubble touched her and she cried making me chuck the thought of lady and tearing my ears apart!

This post is a part of the Protest Against Smelly Stubble Activity in association with BlogAdda.
This is my fourth post for the P.A.S.S. contest and I was tagged by Anita in her post here.

My Previous posts for the contest were
Adventerous Date.
Entrepreneur Me :)

1 comment:

  1. Really touching, Ruchita. Nice story that shares so many lessons-
    1. the pains Parents go through to fulfill their kids' wishes
    2. kids are smart to know what Parents are up to!
    3. Parents don't know how to react when they are caught! "confused whether to accept his daughter as a grownup lady or the toddler he still cherishes"

    Thanks a lot for responding to my Tag on-time! Phew!
    Hope you have registered both your entry and my entry (in response to your tag) in your Contest-Page :)
    Best wishes :)

    ReplyDelete